We believe that God gave man the kingdom in the beginning, but when man sinned he lost the kingdom (Genesis 3). As Jesus began His earthly ministry, His first public statement was, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” (Matthew 4:17) We are on a mission to seek or pursue this kingdom of God. Jesus says, “Seek and you will find” (Matthew 7:7) Jesus makes seeking this kingdom a first priority which means the kingdom of God is our priority at Campus Church. “But seek first His kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well” (Matthew 6:33). We believe that God wants His kingdom to be manifested on earth. Jesus prayed in Matthew 6:10, “Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.” This kingdom is the object of our pursuit.
Core beliefs guiding us in this pursuit are:
- Jesus is the Son of God who sanctifies us through His death on the cross, and He has made it possible for us to have a relationship with God, receive the Holy Spirit, and have eternal life. Hebrews 9:28, Romans 3:25-26, Rom. 6: 5-7
- Faith is the link we have with God, and it needs to be solid and growing . Hebrews 11:6, Ephesians 2:1-10
- We are to be living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God, and this is our true and proper worship. We are not to be conformed to the world, but transformed by renewing of our minds. Romans 12, Ephesians 2:10
- God reconciled us to himself through Jesus Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation. 2 Corinthians 5 He tells us to go everywhere and make disciples of all nations. Matthew 28
- All of us who are baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death. If we are united with Him in His death, we will be united with Him in His resurrection. Romans 6:4, Galatians 3:26-29
- We are called to worship God with heartfelt love and adoration for the one who made it all and in whom we have our hope. We want to honor, glorify, and praise Him in a worshipful attitude at all times. Matthew 22:36-40
- We believe that it is the Holy Spirit who empowers, equips, comforts, and guides us to love God, to love each other, to serve our community, and to live transformed lives that glorify God. John 16:5-15, Romans 8:1-17, Acts 2:16-18
The mission statement for the Campus Church is Loving God while encouraging, serving, and influencing others to Jesus.
This sense of mission is built upon five important convictions:
- Jesus called us to love God and all people.
- Our love for God leads us to worship Him and offer ourselves to Him heart soul, mind and strength.
- Our love for God leads us to love others as we love ourselves. We express that love by graciously encouraging, serving, and influencing others to Jesus.
- We are each joined with Jesus through faith as we are united with Him in His death, burial and resurrection through baptism.
- We live as disciples of Jesus through the transforming power and presence of the Holy Spirit within us as we share lives together as brothers and sisters in Christ.